Sunday, May 17, 2009

Here's to springtime and good friends!

Since my Mommy adopted me in the fall of 2008, pretty much all we'd ever known together is "coat weather." I spent much of my 8 months here thinking that she was this big puffy white creature because she seemed to be perpetually wearing her white ski jacket. Now that the warmer weather has arrived, Mommy takes me on longer walks several times a day. The benefit of all that exercise is that Mommy and I have lost our winter weight. I am a lean, mean, zooming machine and Mommy, well, she has a ways to go yet, but she does okay!

I am so glad I got over my fear of other doggies, cuz I have met SO many great doggie friends since I moved here. Our development has quite a few dogs in it (though not all are full-timers--we live in a beach town after all) and the next development over, where we walk frequently, has lots of them too. We often stop to talk to nice people we've met on our walks (or they come to us). They all pet me and say how cute I am and how soft my fur is. I like that part! I even made a baby giggle this week when I licked his toes! :)

Believe it or not, I also made good friends with the neighbor's tabby cat, Lynx. Lynx is an indoor/outdoor cat, so we see him a good bit when we leave for our walks. Lynx does not know how to play like a doggie--which is a disadvantage because I don't speak kitty so that I can explain it to him--but he is pretty cool nonetheless.


Yesterday and this morning, I got to play with my one of my FAVORITE doggie friends. His name is Jazz and he is a big, handsome, black and white Border Collie. He (and his people) are weekenders, so we don't see them often, but we love to play when he's here. Even though Jazz is 7 years old, he is still as playful as a pup. He gets down on his front paws to put his face at my level and then bounces up and down to entice me to play--we mostly run and play follow the leader. Since Jazz is 3 times my size, you would think that I would always be following HIM--but not so! I can run like the wind!

When this post originally appeared, I had no picture of Jazz to include. He was here this weekend and Mommy got a picture AND a video of him, so I'm editing my post to include both.


My favorite doggie friend who lives in town full time is Rosie, who lives in the next development over. Rosie is a tiny Pomeranian who nearly always sports a sweater or other colorful outfit. She is a real girly girl! Unfortunately, though we are great pals, she will not play with me much. I kinda got my feelings hurt at first, but her Dad told us that she just doesn't like to play. She mostly likes to relax. :) But check out this rare moment of Rosie playing (a little) with me:



I have been driving Mommy crazy lately. If I look outside and see it is sunny, I will whine and whine at her to take me outside...even if I was just outside an hour ago...because I want to enjoy the weather and be where the action is! When I whine and she asks "What do you want?" all I have to do is look out the window and she knows....I want more SPRINGTIME!

No comments: