Sunday, December 14, 2008

New adventures and new friends

Yesterday, Mommy's friend David came over in the day time and then they promptly left. I was NOT a happy Tzu. I have this thing Mommy calls "separation anxiety"--which means that when Mommy leaves me alone, I go BONKERS!

So, after a while, they come back, and David is carrying this BIG box. Mommy and David worked a while on getting something out of the box. It was this big black square thing and David put it in Mommy's entertainment center where the old big black thing had been. Then there was lots of discussion and curse words and booklets and wires.

This part was REALLY frustrating for me, because I wanted to be right there in the middle of it all, helping of course, but Mommy kept saying that I was in the way and made me to go back to my chair and lay down. She got pretty testy there after the tenth or so time I got up and got under foot, and Mommy doesn't usually get testy with me unless I do something REALLY bad. I just couldn't help myself! I had to see what all the excitement was and to be with Mommy and to get David to play with me.

Then, the doorbell rang, and two more of Mommy's friends came by. The tall one I already met once before, but the other one I didn't. Well the other one got into the mix with the wires and the big black square thing and I heard him pointing to some other boxes in the entertainment center and saying all these letters like CD, DVD, VHS and I was like "WHATEVER!" cuz none of them were letters I understand (like PP).

FINALLY, they seemed to finish (the big black box comes to life and they are all oohing and ahhing and I'm thinking "GREAT. Just what Mommy needs...more reasons to watch the big black box!"). Finally, I get to meet the new guy. He was very friendly! He played with me and pet me and didn't even mind when I was chewing on his fingers! COOL! I like this guy!

The tall guy, who was friendly the last time, would reach down and pet me but wouldn't let me jump up on his lap. Turns out, doctors had cut on his tummy and took out one of his parts. Then I understood why he didn't want me jumping on him, cuz when I was a littler puppy, the doctor cut on MY tummy and took out one of MY parts. I sure know I wouldn't have wanted anyone jumping and sitting on MY tummy after that!

Finally, all the friends leave and Mommy is watching that dog training show again (that is always trouble, because she gets ideas, and those ideas always involve ME having to learn something or stop doing something). Except now, because of the new bigger, clearer black box, everything is REALLY big and clear and colorful! Wow. So I stood right in front of the TV and watched too! I even put my front paws up on the edge of the entertainment center, cuz those doggies seemed so real and close that I thought maybe I could sniff their butts! But, drat it, no such luck.

Even with all of the frustration because everyone was focused on the darned black box and not ME, Missy the amazingly adorable Shih Tzu, it was a pretty cool and exciting day!

No comments: