Friday, December 26, 2008

Slip slidin' away

I intended to post this earlier in the week--when it happened--but I needed Mommy to type it for me and she has been very lazy this week (you just can't get good help anymore).

Back in my very first blog post, I talked about how Mommy was dressed up like the Michelin Man to walk me because it was cold. Well, at least she thought that was cold--until this week. On Monday and Tuesday of this week, it was extremely cold and the wind was blowing fiercely...even *I* was walking super fast and pulling Mommy down the street so I could do my business and get home, and I am not usually bothered by the cold.

Anyway, a few days before that cold spell, it had rained--a lot--and there were still puddles around. I went to walk through this puddle that I usually walk through at the entrance to our driveway, except it wasn't a puddle anymore--it was ice!--and I started to slide. Mommy started to laugh--just snortin' up a storm--while I was slip slidin' away. BAD MOMMY! I suppose she can't help herself--she thinks everything I do is pretty cute/funny. Well, maybe not when I poop on the carpet or eat her favorite houseplant, but most other things.

On Wednesday, the weather was much nicer, so we took a longer walk. As we are approaching the development where we live, Mommy stepped in some dirt that had been frozen the day before, but it wasn't frozen anymore--it was mud!--and Mommy started to slide. I don't mean to bite the hand that feeds me, but if I could have figured out how to laugh, I would have!

Thankfully, no puppies or mommies were hurt in the process!

Stay tuned for my Christmas Day post, complete with pictures!

No comments: